Monday, February 25, 2013

?Iquitos o Lima Norte?

Hey everybody!

map

So yeah...there is in fact going to be a division in the mission and it will be split into Lima North and Iquitos.  There will be 2 presidents and in all honesty, I cannot tell you anything else.  Not because it's a secret but because I have no idea.  I just found out this morning from another missionary who was already on the computer, but I think I can make some educated guesses.  I'd say Iquitos would include all of the Selva region so Iquitos, Pucallpa, Tarapoto and such places while Lima North would just be in Lima.  I cannot tell you where I'd be but I'd guess it depends on where I am when it splits.  So I might be in the jungle for all 2 years or I could go back to Lima in a change or 2 and stay there for the rest of my mission.  No idea but those are my guesses.  Sorry I have no concrete details, but you knew before I did.

Luana

This week was a good week, we had another baptism and we finally have all of the paperwork done for that family that has been waiting like a month to get married and baptized.  The baptism was of another kid who is 9, but he's a little different than the first one we baptized.  So we were teaching this guy named M* R*( (may have mentioned him last week) and his son M*r*.  very receptive and also very smart.  Both of them.  we invited them to be baptized and they accepted but when we went to set a date for a few weeks out, the dad stopped us and asked if his son could be baptized sooner so we said yeah and we set it for Saturday because the kid attends church every week and knows basically everything most adult members do.  So at his baptism, we were leaving the room to go to the font and about to go to the font when he stops me and asks to go to the bathroom...haha kinda funny.  But that kid is awesome and when we asked him why he wanted to be baptized, his response was because he wanted to be a missionary when he was older.

So a few weeks ago, mom, you asked about fruit.  I'll tell you about one that doesn't make any sense to me.  It's called aguaje and it's litterally all over the place here.  It's a little smaller than an apple with a black shell and orange on the inside with a big pit.  If I were to describe the taste of it,  I would say cheddar cheese....yeah....Not a huge fan.  However, anything made out of it : crema de aguaje, chupetes, shambos... Is delicious and tastes nothing like cheddar cheese.  I cannot explain it but the fruit itself is not good, at least the one I had wasn't. Which makes me wonder how much sugar is in that stuff? 

120px-PepinoLTAnother fruit that I actually like is pepino.  It's not cucumber for those who speak Spanish,  It's kind of like a squishier pear.  I've only had one so I can't really describe the taste.  Also the bishop’s wife who lives below us said she was going to try to get some cool fruits for us because we haven't seen anything to unique yet.

Not sure what more I have to tell you all and I'm out of time today so I guess I'll just finish this up.  I love you guys and I miss you but there's nowhere else that I want to be right now.  Thank you for all that you do and have done to support me.

Love,

Elder Peacock

P.S.  So Eva doesn't have a heart attack, I did get her package with letterhead, ties, a shirt and a few letters from kids.

[From my limited research on the aguaje fruit:

Aguaje: the Amazon’s New Superfruit Secret Is Out

“The aguaje fruit is just another nutrient-rich, pulpy gem with the potential to gain as much popularity as the now familiar acai berry or guarana extract…Tasters have compared the aguaje fruit to a carrot, although it boasts three times the amount of Vitamin A than this familiar orange root vegetable. Aguaje oil is also high in beta-carotene, oleic acid (also found in olive oil), and essential fatty acids that the human body cannot synthesize on its own. Amazingly, the oil also contains a naturally-occurring SPF that can filter ultraviolet rays and treat burns when applied topically.”  Hmmm.  Maybe he’s not eating them when they are ripe enough??  No mention of cheese here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment