Monday, November 18, 2013

House Hunting

Hey everybody!

So this week was another good one.   This week I had to look for a room to put another companionship, find furniture and get everything set up.  It was actually really interesting,  Not that I don't absolutely love missionary work, but it was just really exciting to get to do something a little different for a change.   Looking for rooms here was interesting and there was one that I just have to tell you about.  So we were looking for about anything we could find because there isn't much out here but we would basically just ask if there were rooms available and then just go in to see if it would work before really asking about details. So we saw this one that looked cool from outside and as we were going upstairs, the landlord says "you'll have to be careful here, there are quite a few young single girls here"..... at that point it was just like....well why are we even here?  That’s an automatic dealbreaker for sure.  In the end we found a sweet room that is on a 4th floor and has the sickest view ever.  Let's just say I hope I stay here for another change cause it would be so cool to live there.  On that note, there are changes today but I do think I'll be here for one more change to coordinate the division and take care of my district that has doubled in size in the past 2 changes.

IMG_2455[1]

We had a training with Presidente Gomez this week and it's always cool when he comes with his wife and the assistants.  It's really cool to just have so much contact with a man as special as a mission president.  You can say it's just another calling all you want but really a Mission President is so much more than that.  He is really inspired of God and it is another evidence that this is the work of the Lord and that He is ever-present in this work.  God lives and talks to us here and now by the spirit.  It is very apparent that He really is here and really does talk.  There is no other way to explain the things that happen and no other way to explain the leaders of the Church.

Love you guys!

Elder Peacock

PS we ate the rooster and Elder Villar was not all that thrilled about it....we talked about it for weeks and I don't think he believed the family until they actually served it....it was funny!

IMG_2451[1]

PPS [extracted from another email] I keep trying to go on a "diet" but my pensionista keeps forgetting.  Basically my diet means that I just eat fruit for dinner and that she never gives me rice.  So i don't know if I’d call it a diet but I like fruit and I'm sick of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment