Monday, April 14, 2014

December It Is

Hey everyone!

For the last two weeks, it stopped raining and just started getting hot and dry and it has been ridiculous these last few days.  Then, out of nowhere, this morning it just started raining really really hard and there were rivers in all of the streets and it was almost impossible to get out of our room because there was a river right in front of it.  It required a lot of planning, skill, technique, leaping ability, and a willingness to let our feet get wet, but we got out of there and I'm just soaking wet at the moment.  Not even my dri-fit socks can keep all that water out.  So much for playing soccer in the stadium today....haha.

This week we had interviews with President.  I got to speak with him directly about my end date.  At this point, he hasn't actually done anything and I don't know what actually has to be done anyways, but what I do know is that he said it will be December and that there won't be any problems, so you guys can just plan on that for now.  It'll be the first week of December that I'll be getting home and I'm happy about that.  I know that there are a few of you that would rather that I went home in October, but this really is what I want to do.  I love being out here and I love being a missionary.  Plus, nowadays missionaries have much shorter MTC stays so really I'm just gaining back the time that I lost for having to stay in the MTC for 2 months instead of 6 weeks like they do now.  And don't worry, I will be home for Christmas and we can have a 2nd Thanksgiving  a week or 2 late if you would  like.  [Me thinks he would like a little Thanksgiving food.  I think I’ll be over it by then…]

This week was a pretty good week.  We had President and Sister Gomez here this week for a few days and other than that, a fairly normal week teaching the Gospel, doing marriage papers as always and other normal stuff.  Elder Limon is trying to get in shape to go home and so for these past few weeks we’ve been running in the mornings.  I missed running and it's a little different because we have to get up kinda early to do it but I think when you combine that with the blazing sun of these last few weeks, I'm losing some weight which is kinda nice.   I'm getting skinny again!!  

By the way.  Did you know that it's normal and not an insult to call someone fat here? That is going to be somewhat dangerous if I keep that up when I go home!!  Just know, If I call you fat when I'm with you in a few months, I'm not being mean, it's just a cultural thing.  

I don’t really have any stories for you, and I didn’t take any pictures this week.....ummm....its alright we have a wedding and a baptism this week so that always makes for stories and pictures!!  Thanks for everything, have a great week!!

 

Also, just an invitation for everyone to really focus on our Savior and His Atonement this week to be able to really understand the purpose of Easter.  It's really a great holiday that is really underrated and definitely way different here in Peru.  I'll bet that the majority of those who have served in Latin countries know what I'm talking about.

Elder Peacock

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment