Thursday, May 15, 2014

Last Time’s a Charm

Email dated 5.12.14

A picture is worth a thousand words right? So, three pictures is the equivalent of a three thousand word letter right?  Haha I’m really not sure what to tell you all.  I'm here in Pucallpa still and basically the same as I was yesterday.  I told you everything that I had to tell you yesterday.  I burned my pants [a tradition when missionaries hit their 18-month mark] and helped with a move this week for service.  I was pretty tough looking right?  

IMG_3224

IMG_3227

IMG_3237

I still can’t believe that I already hit 18 months.  If I were a sister I would already be done and home.  Luckily I’m an Elder and have another 6 months left in my mission.  Everything is going pretty well out here and I’m happy to be here.  It was good to get to talk to you all yesterday and just think, the next time you hear my voice you’ll also be looking right at me so that’s an interesting thought for you guys--my last call as a missionary.  

10354318_651772641560994_278045871_n

Love you guys and I hope you have a great week!!

Elder Peacock

P.S.  We have struggled mightily with technology for our Christmas and Mother’s Day calls.  Gratefully, everything worked as it should for our call last Sunday.  Despite being in the middle of nowhere, the internet connection was actually pretty good.  It felt like we were a family, just shooting the breeze.  And then I cried.  There is wisdom in not having more regular phonecalls.  I feel the absence so much more on these days.  Not that I would ever trade those calls.  I love my missionary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment