Monday, April 15, 2013

It Was Nearly Time to Start Calling People Who Know People…

You may have noticed I didn’t post an email last week.  That’s because there wasn’t any email.

I was calm.  It had happened before with Justin.  Things got moved around.  There was a conference.  Internet was down.  Whatever.  I can miss a week.  I don’t like it, but I can do it.

So I eagerly got on the computer this morning expecting an email and doubly excited to get one.  He has been very consistent—emailing about 8am CA time every Monday.

The refresh button on my email box was nearly worn out by 3:30, and I realized it was later in Peru (I have no idea how much later, Jeff will tell you that I’m terrible at time conversions!) so the chances of hearing from him were getting slimmer to none. 

I had nearly given in to despair when this popped up from Elder Peacock:

Ok so I have no time right now but I'm not dead and I should be able to write tomorrow.  I'm in the offices right now, not to worry though everything is fine and I'm still going to be in Iquitos.  Should have time tomorrow.

It is the most eloquent, beautiful email he’s written to date! 

It’s enough.  All’s good.  See you tomorrow.

P.S. I keep thinking of Jeff’s poor mother.  How did she survive it when her sons served in Europe prior to email?  She had to rely on unreliable letters.  I don’t know how she did it!  Internet is a blessing and a curse!  I love being able to hear from him every week, but she probably didn’t drive herself crazy like me because there wasn’t that weekly expectation. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment