Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Placentero Nos es Trabajar

[Translation:  “A pleasure it is to us to work” – it’s a hymn that was written by a Spanish speaking missionary and is only in the Spanish version of the hymn book.]

Hey everybody!

First of all, Happy Birthday Justin!! (Also Kylie…) This week was good, we’re working like crazy and it’s awesome. There isn’t really one experience that stands out in my mind to share with you but it was an awesome week.

IMG_1158[1]

[This picture is of the traditional “burning of the tie” at 6 months in the mission.  He told us during our Mother’s Day call that he chose the wrong tie for the the job—it refused to burn, hence the additional flammable objects added to the pile.]

This week we found quite a few people with the same answer when we invited them to be baptized: “I would but I feel like I won’t be able to follow through with it after the baptism”. Some of those people were just saying that because they don’t know how to just say no, but some of them were very sincere with it, and actually want to make changes in their life, they just don’t know how to do it. So I thought a little bit about it and something very interesting about this gospel is that it’s not just a baptism and then you’re done with it and off to fend for yourself. It’s a cycle that continues for your whole life and get’s stronger and stronger every time we go through it. Faith, repentance, baptism(sacrament) followed by receiving the Holy Ghost to guide you in your life. It’s something that has been apparent from my time here for sure. I’ve been here for a good couple of months now and I can see the difference in the lives of the people that live this gospel and the lives of those that aren’t really all in and then those that want nothing to do with it. Those people that go all in and really live the gospel are just so much happier it really isn’t even close. When we put in just a little bit of work to obey God he gives you what you need. Just try to imagine what you can receive if you really just give him all.

IMG_1163[1]

So working with Elder Bravo is definitely different. He carries around a huge fan with him everywhere and likes to sing as he walks. It’s somewhat entertaining, although at times a little over the top, I think he just likes attention though. But we found quite a few people last week that are pretty awesome and I think this kinda has to do with the above: When we give a little bit we find some success and get some help. But when we give it all we’re going to get a whole lot more. I know that this work is the work of the Lord and that no matter where you are or what you’re doing, he wants to help you. Just ask yourself how much you’re really doing for the Lord, the more you give, the more you’re going to receive. I can tell you that because I’ve seen the differences not only in my work as a missionary but in the changes of investigators. When they give to the Lord, they receive blessings exponentially.

IMG_1176[1]

Love,

Elder Peacock

“No me jactaré de mi mismo, sino que me gloriaré en mi Dios”

[translation:  “I will not boast of myself, but I will glory in my God”, from Alma 26:12]

No comments:

Post a Comment