Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Down to the River

IMG_0134[1]

This week was good.  We had another baptism this week but this time in the river.  It is so cool to do it in the river.  His name is C*.  Even though he's 16, he really is much more mature, he's already graduated from "high school" (it's different here) and right when we first started teaching him, he started going to seminary and to church on his own even without really any friends there.  Probably the coolest part, he is the biggest Justin Bieber fan in the world.  haha he's always listening to JBiebs when we get to his house.  But yea, the baptism was in the river which was awesome, even if when we showed up, there was a guy taking a bath in the river right where we were going....haha there are just some images that we have to choose to block out...

Then, we also had training with Prez. Gómez this week and they {he and his wife} stayed in the zone for a few days and visited all of the areas.  Also all of the elders from the offices came and divided with Elder Carrillo and I because all of them wanted to get to see Nueva Cajamarca because it really is the coolest are in the mission.  We are just so far away from everything and everything is just so green and so cool here.  But yeah, Prez and Sister Gómez are really cool.  She told our pensionista (sister who makes our breakfast and dinner) that she should start to give us salad and fruit and stuff.  She was so surprised and asked us and really I would love that.  I'm used to eating a fried piece of meat with a mountain of rice for dinner and I really could use some variety...I don't think that I've ever just wanted to eat a salad or something so much in my life.

Time feels like it's absolutely flying right now.  We already have
changes today and I feel like I just got here.  I'm not going anywhere
but my comp might be going somewhere....Nothing is for sure but I keep telling him that he's leaving and it bugs him because he doesn't want to go at all.

Love you all and have a good week!!
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment