Monday, October 14, 2013

It’s My Birthday!

Hey everyone,

So in case you didn't know, today is my birthday which in the mission doesn't really mean much of anything in all honesty...haha but I'm sure it'll be a great day.

So this week we had interviews with President Gomez.  Sister Gomez went to our room to check it out.  She told me that she found the blog and loves it, especially the part where I talked about cleaning...haha. Apparently Mom thinks I didn't clean before the mission [oops, caught!  I didn’t think he’d read those parts until he got back].  Anyone who knows me well knows that I have always been a very clean person and that I would never allow any part of my life have any dust....ever.....ok, maybe a little bit of an exaggeration.  But Mom, she wanted to give you props for the blog, and she gave me props for the cleanliness of my room!  And then she backhanded it by telling me that my wife will need me to be better about cleaning...why is there even any conversation about me having a wife?  That is very premature!  

They invited us to go and eat with them so I thought that was pretty cool to just get to kinda hang out with them in a little bit less formal of a setting.  In all honesty, they reminded me a lot of Grandpa George and Grandma Nancy.  It was kinda weird, Sister Gomez getting on the serving staff because they took forever, and stopping the car to go and get a banana filled with cheese and peanuts because it looked good...it was funny.  And Prez is a little bit more laid back but always just seems to know what’s going on and what everyone needs. They're really awesome.

Still just working hard here with Elder Villar and things are going well.  My district grew and it's just a lot more stressful having more people to take care of especially with one sick and one area with 0 investigators...

I love you guys and I've gotta go.  Everyone eat some cake for me today!!

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment