Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Changes

Hey everyone!

So I still don't know if I have changes yet, but they should be coming into my inbox any minute now....perks of being a zone leader is that I’ll see the changes before I leave the internet so I can tell you guys for sure right now instead of next week. But I will hold off on my real guess because I’m almost always wrong.  And the answer is...

                            ***I'm staying put***

So this week was really pretty cool.  There was another massive wedding that we organized.  I’m getting pretty good at that part actually.  Weddings seem to be getting easier to accomplish and I definitely understand that system a whole lot better at this point than I did when I started.  They do make it pretty tough here.  But that went  well and were having a really good month as a zone.

This week Elder Limon and I really wanted to have a family with a baptismal date and we were working really hard to get it.  We had 3 families that were going to have one but then didn’t go to church yesterday, and we were kinda bummed for them.  Then, out of nowhere we had a family come to church.  We had previously taught them, but they just did not want to get married [members of the Church agree to follow the Law of Chastity which requires that sexual relations be reserved for marriage between a man and a woman.  In Peru, often families live in committed relationships but have not gone https://www.brandeis.edu/ces/images/rings4.jpgthrough the process of becoming legally married in the eyes of church and state].  After church, we went to their house to visit them and see what happened to get them to come back to church after like a month.  When we started talking to them, they were mad at us for stopping our visits with them  (they had really rejected us before).  Nearly out of nowhere they said that they want to get married and baptized!  This is the work of the Lord and when we do our part, the Lord will do the rest.  He is a God of miracles and He lives and loves all of His children.

Love you guys and I'm glad to be staying in Pucallpa for another change. I'm loving it out here!!

Elder Peacock

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment