Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Family History

IMG_2991

So, I had one of those weeks this week where nothing really stuck out to me, it all just seemed kinda like all the other weeks, which sounds bad, but that's just how it is sometimes...

This week we had a special training with President Gomez and he taught us about the importance of family history work, which is weird because we really have never done anything with family history work at all.  So now, were going to use a book called My Family that is for getting you started with family history work, but we're supposed to be using that with everyone.  It was really interesting in all honesty, how we’re going to be using it and how relevant it really is to everything.  It makes me grateful and a little sad at the same time--grateful to have a family that has already done so much and a little sad because I probably won't even be able to do much because mom will already have all of it done for me which is really a good thing [oh, believe me, still much to be done!] But yeah, so mom if you could send me pictures of you, dad, grandparents and great-grandparents, I need to make my book.  I already have the names and dates and everything, I just have to put it in the book.  

Also, this week, I was with my District Leader (even zone leaders have district leaders!!) to take him to go and get one of our investigators (J*) for an interview  He wasn't at home.  The guy doesn't have a phone, but really hardly ever leaves his house if he's not working.  So I was surprised to not find him and I had no idea where he could possibly be.  So, I decided to just go and look for another family to teach and come back a little bit later.  We went to the other family and they weren’t there and out of nowhere, I felt like we should go to Isaac’s house (the member in the wheelchair).  So we just went over there.  He has this little room that’s always open on the front of his house (see the picture where we had cake with him) and it was closed which usually means that he's not there, so I thought that was IMG_2955weird.  But, as we get closer, we see that there are a few people there talking in front of his house, and there was J*  I had never seen the guy at Isaac’s house before.  It was pretty crazy.  I know that in that moment I was guided by the Spirit and it is always a great feeling to be just see it so clearly that the Spirit is guiding me.  I love this work.

Love you guys, hope you all have a great week.  Just one week left in this change...we'll see how this goes next week and I'll be sure to let you all know!

Elder Peacock

Alma 26:12

[Random notes from other emails from Tyler…] I make smoothies every morning with fresh fruit.  Fruit is pretty cheap here, even if its not too varied, I'm still making some sick smoothies also with this protein powder we have here.  The advertisement has a guy with a 6-pack on it so I’m pretty excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment