Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday!

 

IMG_3063

Hey everyone!!!

So this week was good.  We had a lot of changes and managed to get everything done.  One of the missionaries that we received is Elder Carrillo, my third companion.  It’s pretty cool to get to see him again and remembering the good old times in Nueva Cajamarca.  

IMG_3061On Tuesday, it was Elder Limon’s birthday so we had a "party".  It was kinda lucky that we had changes that day because we had a third missionary with us who was waiting for Elder Carrillo and that allowed us to divide so I could get him a cake and put it in the room.  He had no idea.  I also let him buy a soda.  He isn’t allowed to buy sodas because he's "getting his beach body ready" [meaning, he’s going home soon].  As you can see from the photos, Ihad the cake expertly designed and had his name written on it--"Limecito" which is Spanglish for “little lime”, in case any of you were curious.  Other than that, his birthday was basically just a normal day as a missionary.  I felt like I was at the Payne’s house because we just had a birthday cake sitting in the fridge for a week--the only difference being that we bought it because someone actually had a birthday... 

Later in the week, I went on a work visit in Campo Verde (or, for you gringos, Greenfield).  It’s this little branch half an hour away from the city that is part of the stake.  It is probably the area that is the most jungle-y of all of the places that I have seen because it’s just like this little town on the highway from Pucallpa to Lima that is really just like out in the middle of nowhere.  It is actually a really cool place and I was just walking through the jungle for that whole day.  It was kinda like Nueva Cajamarca but way smaller and there is no development there.  It’s basically the only area like that in the whole mission, for now at least.  I think it would be kinda cool to open up an area like that where its just this little town in the middle of nowhere but really I don’t think that Prez is going to open up very many of those so I'm not going to hold my breath on that one...haha

IMG_3069

Then this weekend we had a baptism!!! his name is J* and he is 78.  He loves to talk and tell stories but he also loves the church.  In all honesty, the first time that I talked to him, I did not think that he was going to progress because he didn’t seem to have any interest in the Gospel beyond just having us to talk to.  Who'd have thought?  We had a training on cleaning of the chapel on Sunday and when we talked to him after, he was so excited to come clean the chapel...I guess you've just kinda got to know him to understand but it was really funny. 

On Sunday night, we had a really interesting meeting with the bishops, the Stake Presidency and the 4 zone leaders to talk about how to work together with members and missionaries.  Strangely enough, they had us direct a part of the meeting.  That was kinda weird but really cool.  I thought it was just cool to get to be a part of a meeting like that.

And mom, my area is like 5 by 6 blocks--there really is not much more that I can tell you about it.  It's dusty or muddy and it's tiny, basically all residential.  That’s about all there is to tell you.

Love you guys!!!!

Elder Peacock

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment