Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Hey everyone!

IMG_3648

This week was interesting.  We started off with the farewell of my group on Monday, and then the newbies got here on Tuesday and the rest of the week was basically just like any other week that I have here:  going out to work with other missionaries and long meetings with president.

IMG_3655

On Monday, we had the farewell in the morning for my group...the whole time I was really just thinking that I was glad that it wasn’t actually my farewell.  [Meanwhile in California, I spent all of Tuesday thinking, “he could be home today…”] Not that I don't want to see you guys, but I really am glad that I still have a little more time here and I feel like there is still more that I have to do.  That night when we took them to the airport I had an interesting feeling... I sent off a couple of good friends there and it was a weird thing....next time it'll be my turn... that’s weird.

IMG_3647

On Tuesday, the new missionaries arrived and we had the same program as we always do, they got fairly confused and it looked like they were all 70 percent asleep as usual.  When the meeting finished, I went with one of the companionships to take them to their new room because the trainer had just gotten here from Nueva Cajamarca.  Their room just so happens to be my first room.  It was weird.  It was like the same situation as when I got there.  We both got there together and I was being trained.  It's like he's me but 2 years ago....that's weird.  But other than that, it was fairly normal for the newbies and the farewell.

In our meetings with president, we've planned the calendar through December....I won’t even be here for that!  We’ve also planned all of the trainings from now until the time that I leave.  This week in the Leaders Council I am going to be training on the use of family history work with the plan of salvation.   In the coming month in the zone conferences,  I will be talking about la esencia de la obra misional.  I think that is the essence in English but that kinda sounds really strange to me.  Either way, if you’re a returned missionary you’ll understand what I am talking about...kind of.  If you’re not a returned missionary it'll probably just be better if I explain it after I get home.  Haha, so today, I don't have all that much to do.  By the time next week hits, I will be busy with travelling and trainings until I finish.  I'm going to make the most of the time that I have left.

Now, just a shout out to my mother.  Happy Birthday Mom!!!  I am thankful for everything that you have done over the years and for everything that you do for me now that I am here in Peru.  You are the best mom in the world and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.  I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you mom! I love you!!!

Elder Peacock

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment