Monday, June 9, 2014

El Fin se Acerca y Hay Poco Tiempo

Hey everyone!

IMG_3252

So, the title of my email has nothing to do with me, but with my companion.  He is ending this week and we are just trying to figure out if he’s leaving from Pucallpa on Saturday or on Sunday.  I don't know how we would be able to do that on Sunday because the flight is during Sacrament meeting...that could be awkward.  But yeah, this is his last week as a missionary and he's starting to get kinda trunky.  He's actually been really good about it though.

IMG_3278

This week we went to Iquitos for the council and it turns out that even though I don’t know any of the missionaries that have started in the last year, a large majority of them already know who I am thanks to the blog.  Here's an example of a conversation that I had with a newer missionary:  "Hi, I'm Elder Peacock".  "I know. I read your blog".  It’s really weird.  So in case any of you reading this are coming to the mission, you’ll be thrown into this group of people as well.  Turns out there are some who were avid readers of my blog before and know all about the mission before even getting here.  I feel like my letters aren’t interesting enough for random people to just read them.  The pictures are pretty cool though.  Maybe that’s why you keep asking for pictures-- to make this stuff interesting enough to actually put on the internet!  Now i understand.  It's ok because I have some pretty cool pictures for this week.

IMG_3279

When we were back here in Pucallpa, we had a baptism on Saturday of a 20 year old guy named J*.  He is a really cool guy.  Like, during his service, he was talking to his friends about when they are all going to leave on their missions.  They all want to leave a year from now at the same time.  It was kinda cool to get to hear him talking about that and just so ready even though he's only been going to church for about a month now.  But yeah, in the morning we went to go and fill up the font.  Well, last week the missionaries from another ward left the water in the font and it was absolutely filthy.  I mean just really disgusting and somewhat scary looking with bugs, animals, leaves and lots of dirt.  I don’t even know how all of that stuff even got in there.  Long story short, we couldn’t get the water to drain and we are somewhat convinced that it is because of something that got into the drain and died.  So we had to go and do the baptism in another church building.  It was really bad water.  All’s well that ends well right?

IMG_3258

About the pictures, I don't remember the order that I put them in but just pay attention to my [my what?  was there another word supposed to be here?], they’re good ones.  In the baptism pictures, you might have to look really hard.  If you guys can’t figure it out, you can try putting it on the blog and see if other people can figure it out.  [um, a little help here people!  I have absolutely no idea what he is talking about] It's pretty cool but I might just have to show you guys when I get home.  Explaining just doesn’t do it justice and I don’t know if it can be seen really well in the picture.  Also, about the monkey, I had to make up with him because a little over a year ago I ate his father....haha hopefully these pictures make up for the lack of pictures in these past few weeks!

Have a great week!!!

Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment