Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey Everybody!

So I'm sending this email Wednesday night as opposed to Thursday because as you well know tomorrow is thanksgiving.  We have a special schedule because tomorrow we get a special devotional in the morning with someone from either the Quorum of the Twelve or the First Presidency which is really exciting! We don't know who it is yet and I've heard President Monson and Elder Holland but really nobody who says that knows what they're talking about so I'm excited to see who it is.  But since we have that and then some service stuff along with some other Thanksgiving stuff that I don't really know about yet we don't really get a P-Day.  I mean we technically do but it's tomorrow morning and we have to be seated by 9:40 for the Devotional so really in order to get laundry and everything done, we're getting up at 5 because we'll only really get 3 hours even with waking up at 5.  Oh well it should be cool getting to see one of the Twelve and/or First Presidency.  Also about that talk "Missions are Forever" It was given here so I don't know if those actually get released, but if they do then you should also look for "Character of Christ"  [click HERE for the text of this talk] by Elder David A. Bednar.  It’s also awesome.  Strangely enough, it seems like most talks given by General Authorities are awesome...weird.

So this week was another pretty good one.  On Friday, we met our 2nd teacher who turned out to be the investigator we had been teaching.  Hermano Draper is also the brother of one of my friends from BYU, small world.  But he is also from Southern California and is a huge Lakers fan so I've got some support there.  As far as teaching and Spanish go I feel like I'm progressing a lot which is good.  Also today we were practicing our door approach, so just how we talk to people when they open the door and one of the times, the teacher posing as just random people freaked out when we opened the door and asked if we were the police.  It was hilarious and if that ever really happened I don't know if I'd be able to keep my composure.

On Saturday, we clean our building in the morning for like and hour so like cleaning the floors, toilets, sinks, etc.  One of the jobs that they gave me was to clean some wood paneling and they gave me some spray that turned white until you wipe it off.  So I started out by just drawing stuff like smiley faces but then decided to get a little bit cooler with it and I started tagging peacocks all over the walls.  It might seem lame but it made cleaning the building a lot more fun and I do have pictures of them but this computer doesn't let me send pictures and I don't know if I'll get to another one this week so you might have to wait for pictures.  Then on Sunday after coming home from our Temple Walk, we decided that we needed a heel-clicking picture.  So Elder Belnap, Lamb, Egolf, Hermana Pierce and I did it like 6 times and it was timed perfectly. Elder Forward just couldn't get it.  He did get a lot of pictures of people doing the splits or falling though.  It was a little bit disappointing.

So most of our District, and our zone really, are in the choir and on Tuesday we sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and it was awesome.  I wasn't too familiar with that song before because it's not a hymn (word on the street is that it's being added in the next edition).  But it really is an awesome song and my companions would agree.  Elder Belnap sings it basically non-stop, which was cool at first but now I can't get that song out of my head. I guess it's better that he sings that song than any one of the number of 'NSync, Backstreet Boys, One Direction, or any other Boy band that you could think of.  Ok one more story and then I think I'm out of time,  but Elder Egolf hid in Elder Forwards closet and waited for at least 10 minutes until Elder Forward finally opened his closet and Elder Forward just about died. Probably one of the funniest things that I have ever seen.

Ok also just a note about my visa, I don't have one.  Neither do any of the Peruvians in my District so I'm not worried about it.  Elder Belnap however was not happy when the district in our zone that has only been here a week has already gotten their visas for Guatemala.  He was about to fight some of the Hermanas...not really but he was not happy.  None of the 5 of us actually took it that hard but we'd like to go to Peru soon.  An entire District that was supposed to be gone to Mexico and Peru in a week all just got reassigned to stateside missions so that might be where I'm at.  We'll see though, I'm ready for it either way.

Ok I love you all and I miss you but I love being here. I love all the letters, so thanks to everyone that has written or sent me anything.

Love,

Elder Peacock

P.S.  All Peacocks, we're royalty tomorrow. In Spanish Peacock is Pavo Real.  The direct translation is Royal Turkey and seeing as it's turkey day, we're royalty.

P.P.S.  I may or may not get to check my email tomorrow but sorry if I didn't answer your questions, I don't have my mail with me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment